SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Nov. 11, 2022–
Williams Sonoma Home, a portfolio brand of Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (NYSE: WSM), the world’s largest design-driven, sustainable digital home retailer, today announced the launch of a new gallery online art gallery in partnership with Los Angeles-based art curation brand, Tappan Collective. The new online art gallery will feature exclusive, limited-edition contemporary artworks ranging from original paintings to archival prints and sculptures.
This press release is multimedia. View the full press release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221111005178/en/
Tappan Collective Art Collection for Williams Sonoma House (Photo: Williams Sonoma)
Designed to revolutionize the process of transforming your walls with art, Williams Sonoma Home’s new digital art gallery will offer patrons a new opportunity to collect art and discover new, emerging artists.
“Williams Sonoma Home’s partnership with Tappan Collective gives our customers access to incredible works of art across multiple mediums,” said Williams Sonoma President Felix Carbullido. “Offering a selection of original paintings, fine art prints and sculptures to our clients provides them with a unique opportunity to add an extra layer of personal expression to the design of their homes.”
“At Tappan, we believe that collecting art is for everyone. We believe in making art accessible,” said Tappan Collective founder Chelsea Nassib. “We are thrilled to partner with Williams Sonoma Home to introduce customers to new works of art, while helping these incredible emerging artists find their way into the homes of collectors.”
Artists featured in the Tappan Collective collection for Williams Sonoma Home include:
- Alarah Gee
- A visual artist based in Yorkshire, North England, Gee is known for her minimalist line drawings and meditative ink paintings that recontextualize everyday household objects with an emphasis on post-modern geometric forms. and the thoughtful gestures of the artist.
- Astri Styrkestad Haukaas
- Abstract painter and founder of the Danish art space KVIT, the expressive paintings of Astri Styrkestad Haukaas draw their colors and tones from nature. For each series, Styrkestad Haukaas paints her subjective experience of the natural world – often painting the same space multiple times as she remembers it through different and changing times.
- Daniel Flecher
- Large abstract paintings and hand-drawn prints by London painter Daniel Fletcher use contemporary color stories and authentic, expressive gestures.
- Firoozeh Neman
- Ojai-based artist Firoozeh Neman’s practice encompasses sculpture, drawing and painting. Neman lets the energy of the work guide her in her creation.
- Tycjan Knut
- London-based Knut’s large minimalist paintings have been exhibited widely across Europe and are widely known for their subtle use of color, difference in tone and abstraction.
- Astrid Verhoef
- Verhoef’s surreal photographs explore the complicated relationship between man and nature.
- Brian Merriam
- Merriam travels to the most remote regions of the world to capture rarely seen landscapes and celestial phenomena, including the Himalayas, the Northern Lights, lush Hawaiian jungles and total solar eclipses.
- Ethan Caflisch
- London-based Caflisch is known for his large geometric and minimalist paintings, figurative paintings and handmade textile works.
To learn more about the Tappan Collective collection for Williams Sonoma Home, please visit: http://www.williams-sonoma.com/tappan
ABOUT WILLIAMS SONOMA
Since its inception by Chuck Williams in 1956, the Williams Sonoma brand has brought people together around food. A member of the Williams-Sonoma, Inc. (NYSE: WSM) portfolio of brands, Williams Sonoma is a leading specialty retailer of high-quality kitchen and home products, delivering world-class service and an engaging customer experience. . Products include cookware, cooking tools, cutlery, electrical appliances, bakeware, food, tables and bars, outdoor items, cookbooks, as well as furniture , lighting and decorative accessories. Each store offers cooking classes and tastings led by expert culinary staff. A comprehensive gift registry program for weddings and other special events is available in stores and online. On williams-sonoma.com and the Williams Sonoma blog, Taste, customers can find recipes, tips and techniques to help them create delicious meals. Williams Sonoma can also be found on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube. Williams Sonoma is also part of The Key Rewards, a free loyalty program that provides members with exclusive benefits across the entire Williams-Sonoma, Inc. family of brands.
ABOUT THE TAPPAN COLLECTIVE
TAPPAN’s primary goal is to change the relationship between collectors, artists and their work. This approach allows artists to tell their stories in a three-dimensional way that encourages more exploration by the collector than a traditional gallery space. Chelsea Neman Nassib, started her business in 2012 with a single vision – to connect leading emerging artists with new and seasoned collectors across the world, while encouraging and supporting artists to fully explore and evolve. their practice. An artist herself, Nassib quickly realized that there was a gaping hole in the mainstream art world for emerging artists. Praised by Architectural Digest and Vogue, Tappan’s success continues. And TAPPAN’s commitment to art extends far beyond e-commerce. The company, and Chelsea herself, are intrinsically invested in discovering and nurturing emerging artists to develop their careers into established artists.
See the source version on businesswire.com: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20221111005178/en/
CONTACT: Williams Sonoma/Williams Sonoma PR Home:
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: CONSTRUCTION & REAL ESTATE ARTS/MUSEUMS ENTERTAINMENT SPECIALTY INTERIOR DESIGN HOME GOODS RESIDENTIAL RETAIL BUILDING & REAL ESTATE E-COMMERCE
SOURCE: Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.
PUBLISHED: 11/11/2022 09:00/DISC: 11/11/2022 09:02
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.